Tips for Searching [Search]
- Enter a keyword to search for. 'federation' will return all documents with 'federation',
'federations', etc. Multiple keywords are treated like a phrase, unless
you separate them by commas. Entering 'public, health' will return all documents
containing either word. See Proximity for more options.
- You can use special terms to narrow your search:
- AND - as in 'Public AND Federation'
- OR - as in 'Public OR Community'
- NOT - as in 'Public' NOT 'Government'
- () - parenthesis force expressions to be evaluated first,
as in '(Private OR Public) NOT Community'
When checked, the Show Summaries feature will display the first 500 characters of
the retrieved documents.
Normally, the Exact box is not checked. 'Environment' returns
all documents with 'environment', 'environmental', etc.
When the Exact box is checked, 'public' returns all documents
that have 'public', but not 'publicly'.
To further refine your search, you can specify how a search is conducted when
you enter a series of words separated by commas:
- Either in same Document - this is the default. If either word exists in
a document, the document is returned, ranked by relevancy.
- All in same Document - all words must appear in the same document.
- All in same Paragraph - all words must appear in the same paragraph.
- All in same Sentence - all words must appear in the same sentence.
- Together - all words must appear together as a phrase.
Areas to Search:
You may choose to narrow your search by eliminating certain areas of
our site. Simply clear the boxes where you don't want to search.
Return to Search Page
Questions or problems? Please contact us. Copyright © 2013 American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists, 1330 Kemper Meadow Drive, Cincinnati, Ohio 45240, 513-742-2020.