Click HERE to view our job flyer.
Under general supervision, plans, develops, implements, and monitors the County's Occupational Safety Program in accordance with state and/or federal regulations; coordinates and ensures all work of Department Safety Coordinators (DSC) throughout the County are in compliance with laws; identifies unsafe practices and conditions and recommends corrective actions; conducts safety and hazard inspections and investigations; coordinates safety programs with Risk Management to reduce employee injuries and liability exposures; and serves as a resource and consultant to County departments regarding workplace safety.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in occupational health, safety, industrial engineering, or a related field.
- Three (3) years experience in public or industrial safety programs.
- Obtain and maintain any certification necessary to meet OSHA requirements.
- Certification as an Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Safety Professional (CSP), or Certified Safety Engineer (CSE) is preferred.
- A valid State of California driver's license is required.
Click here to apply: http://www.buttecounty.net/humanresources