Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel
medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Genentech Product Quality and Occupational Toxicology (PQOT) is responsible for providing robust, scientifically sound hazard and risk assessments to support product quality activities, primarily associated with manufacturing, and health and safety of the workplace for employees handling proprietary and non-proprietary chemicals used in the production of Genentech products. Execution against these responsibilities requires solid scientific practices to support business-sensible solutions for which PQOT management provides tactical and strategic leadership in compliance with corporate policies and standards and global regulatory requirements.
This is a highly interactive position within a cross-functional matrixed environment. This position requires a solid proficiency in a broad variety of scientific (e.g. toxicological) and technical skills to perform hazard/risk assessment, hazard communication, and other toxicology-based assessments in accordance with compliance to departmental, corporate, and regulatory requirements. The Scientific Researcher / Senior Scientific Researcher is expected to execute assignments in a timely manner to address science and business requirements under the supervision of PQOT management. The ability to multi-task or prioritize multiple, diverse assignments and still deliver high quality work products is critical to success. An eye toward benchmarking, continuous improvement, inter- and intra- departmental teamwork and collaboration, and high-energy, positive attitude will facilitate success. The ability to take on activities of increasing responsibility with high quality deliverables is important to ongoing professional development. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
The responsibilities for Scientific Researcher/ Senior Scientific Researcher, Product Quality and Occupational Toxicology, include:
- Perform high quality documented hazard/risk assessments and author hazard communication documentation for regulatory compliance, occupational toxicology testing, including Acceptable Daily Exposures (ADEs), and support of product quality (e.g. cleaning validation) and worker health and safety activities (e.g. health hazard categorization, occupational exposure limits, etc.);
- Assist in the assessment of product quality excursions encountered in large- and small- molecule pharmaceutical manufacturing and perform risk assessments associated
- with those excursions;
- Perform toxicology-based assessments for non-proprietary chemicals (e.g. materials of construction);
- Document assigned work practices to ensure ongoing compliance to internal guidance and to facilitate consistency in PQOT practices;
- Execute above responsibilities through informed interpretation and compliance with evolving global and company regulations and guidances;
- Assist in performance of occupational toxicology testing programs, as assigned; Support of other PQOT group deliverables (e.g. consultant-prepared assessments), as assigned.
Who You Are
- BS/MS/ PhD in Toxicology, Microbiology, Chemistry, or relevant life science. Minimum of 5 years (2-3 with Masters, 0 with PhD) applicable experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven skills in supporting and/or performing toxicological hazard/risk assessments. Knowledge of ADE, exposure limits, etc. for safety compliance for worker health and safety activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong technical writing and presentations.
- Demonstrated project management experience, if applicable.
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
No matter who you are or what role you play, you’ll help change the face of medicine and make a real difference in the lives of people facing the most challenging medical conditions. Plus, you’ll thrive in our one-of-a-kind culture, where diversity is celebrated, employees are valued for their contributions and we all serve as advocates for change who continually find ways to do things better.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply" button below.
Genentech, a member of the Roche Group, has multiple medicines on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
Apply link: http://www.gene.com/careers/find-a-job/apply/2966679112?src=JB-11480