You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Print/Tangible (requires shipping)
NonMember - $87.95
NEW EDITION! This fully updated Fifth Edition of Risk Communication: A Handbook for Communicating Environmental, Safety, and Health Risks offers sound, scientific research with practical, hands-on advice for those in the public and private sectors.
Highly accessible and easy to understand, this must-read includes real-life examples of such headline-making events as the tsunami and radiation release in Japan in 2011, the BP oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010, and extreme weather events, along with the lessons learned from them. It offers new chapters on public health campaigns, and on the use and effectiveness of social media for risk communication purposes.
Risk Communication is divided into five self-contained parts:
- Part I provides background information for understanding the basic theories and practices of risk communication
- Part II explains how to plan a risk communication effort
- Part III describes how to put risk communication into action
- Part IV discusses how to evaluate risk communication efforts, including techniques for measuring success
- Part V highlights special cases in risk communication, including disasters and other emergencies, international risk communication, and public health campaigns
|Page length:||416 pages|