You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Print/Tangible (requires shipping)
NonMember - $310.00
Combustible dust explosions may not be the first hazard the industrial hygienist or safety professional thinks about when reviewing their ventilation design plan but it is more common and more dangerous than one might realize. Recent industrial dust explosion occurrences have caused deaths and other serious injuries such that industrial hygienists and other safety professionals should consider all options available to them to safeguard their facility. Thus, the ACGIH® Industrial Ventilation Committee is hosting this webinar aimed at educating the EH&S community on the importance of preparing for and preventing dust related incidents in industrial ventilation systems. This webinar will explain how dust explosions occur, how to employ both dust control and ignition control methods to prevent dust explosions, and how to maintain compliance with current and future regulations.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- Explanation and definitions
- Typical explosion event
- Types of dust
- Sources of ignition
- Dust collection system hazards
- Electrical classifications
- Explosion prevention systems
- Dust explosivity testing protocol
- Understand the mechanism of how dust explosions occur in the workplace.
- Formulate a knowledge-based plan on how to approach an explosive dust situation in their facility.
- Understand how to determine if the type of dust in their facility will support an explosion or deflagration.
- Understand the regulatory framework that exists today and is being enforced, and understand which local authority has jurisdiction in their area as well as the status of federally enforceable legislation for the future.
- Understand how to prevent explosions and deflagrations in the workplace.
- Windows 2000, 2003, XP or Vista
- Intel x86 (Pentium 400MHZ +) or compatible processor
- 128 MB or greater RAM
- Sound Card