You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Print/Tangible (requires shipping)
NonMember - $310.00
Thermal stress is the combination of environment, work demands, and clothing that increases the risk for thermal disorders. Thus, there are many variables that can affect a worker's exposure to thermal stress. The TLV® for Heat Stress and Strain has undergone major changes in the past 10 years and the TLV® for Cold Stress is currently under review for future changes. This webinar will update OH&S professionals on the rationale of the Heat Stress and Strain TLV® and present information on control alternatives such as work/rest cycles and short-term exposure times. The webinar will also address the Cold Stress TLV® and discuss hazards such as local tissue damage and hypothermia. The risk factors for these hazards will be presented along with suggested exposure limits.
After participating in this webinar, attendees will gain an understanding of:
- How the Heat Stress and Strain TLV® was developed
- How cold stress represents a workplace hazard
- What the minimal protective practices are (e.g., general controls)
- How to manage potential sources of thermal stress
- How to determine the appropriate controls to use in thermal stress situations
- Windows 2000, 2003, XP or Vista
- Intel x86 (Pentium 400MHZ +) or compatible processor
- 128 MB or greater RAM
- Sound Card