JAMES H. PRICE, CIH JOINS ACGIH® AS DIRECTOR OF SCIENCE
Cincinnati, Ohio June 25, 2002 ACGIH® is pleased to announce that James H. Price, CIH has joined the Association as the Director of Science.
Mr. Price brings over 20 years of expertise in industrial hygiene, medical, safety, and regulatory program management, complemented by toxicology, environmental, process safety, and risk management. He has served as a member of various committees, sub-committees, and ad hoc technical groups of the American Chemistry Council [formerly Chemical Manufacturers Association (CMA)] as well as other industry associations. As Standards and PSM Audit Manager of Equistar Chemicals, LP, Mr. Price successfully developed and implemented corporate-wide health and safety practices to ensure that the company maintained compliance with company operating standards as well as appropriate health, safety, and environmental regulations. He also oversaw Equistar Chemicals' participation in the OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP), in which 12 Equistar Chemicals' sites achieved STAR certification from OSHA for their exemplary occupational safety and health performance. Mr. Price also served as a representative on the Chemical Industry Institute of Toxicology's (CIIT) Board of Directors.
Mr. Price's strong commitment to consensus management and team building, coupled with his willingness to take decisive action are characteristics that will serve him well as ACGIH®'s Director of Science. Some of the tasks that the Science Group is charged with include:
- Providing staff support to ACGIH®'s Threshold Limit Values (TLV®) for Chemical Substances Committee, Threshold Limit Values (TLV®) for Physical Agents Committee, Biological Exposures Indices (BEI®) Committee; Bioaerosols Committee; and Construction Committee;
- Responding to needs and requests of ACGIH® Members and Special Interest Groups;
- Developing and disseminating in-house scientific publications such as Documentation of the TLVs® and BEIs®, the TLVs® and BEIs® Book, and the Documentation of the TLVs® and BEIs® with Other Worldwide Occupational Exposure Values CD-ROM;
- Maintaining relationships with external organizations (domestic and worldwide) for development and promotion of ACGIH® programs and activities;
- Enhancing and maintaining a readily accessible Science Information Resource Center.
"I look forward to working with this extremely competent group of individuals and leading the Science Group through achievement of each of its responsibilities," Mr. Price stated. Mr. Price began his tenure with ACGIH®
on June 1, 2002 at the American Industrial Hygiene Conference and Exposition (AIHce) in San Diego, California. "Jim's experience and breadth of knowledge in industrial hygiene will certainly be an asset to the Science Group at ACGIH®
. We are fortunate to have him, and look forward to his contributions to the organization," stated Executive Director Tony Rizzuto.
ACGIH® Worldwide is a member-based organization that advances worker health and safety through education and the development and dissemination of scientific and technical knowledge. ACGIH® is one of the industry's leading publications resources, with approximately 400 titles relative to occupational and environmental health and safety, including the renowned TLVs® and BEIs®. For more information, visit the ACGIH® website at www.acgih.org or call our Customer Service Representatives at 513-742-2020.
Amy Bloomhuff, Esq.
Director of Operations
513-742-6163, extension 116 firstname.lastname@example.org