New and Updated Titles on Industrial Ventilation Released by ACGIH®
Cincinnati, Ohio - February 28, 2001 - ACGIH® Worldwide has published the 24th Edition of Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice, along with the Companion Study Guide to the ACGIH® Industrial Ventilation Manual. Additionally, the association has released its newest ventilation title, Handbook of Ventilation for Contaminant Control, 3rd Edition. All three titles are featured
ACGIH® Signature Publications.
The Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice has always been a top seller, and the new edition contains a wealth of relevant and practical information on the design, maintenance, and evaluation of industrial exhaust ventilation systems. The book features tables and illustrations that help provide easy interpretation.
The book, developed by the ACGIH® Committee on Industrial Ventilation, also includes:
- Major revisions to Chapter 7 - Supply Air Systems and Chapter 9 - Monitoring and Testing of Ventilation Systems
- Updated duct calculation sheets
- New tables for determining duct friction factor
The Companion Study Guide, written by D. Jeff Burton, shows how to apply the principles provided in the Industrial Ventilation Manual, and eases the study of industrial ventilation. Written for students, practicing industrial hygienists, and engineers, the guide simplifies and explains the complex reference material of theIndustrial Ventilation Manual. Features of each chapter include:
- Terms and Units used
- Explanatory notes on the chapter text
- Sample calculations using Industrial Ventilation equations
- A quiz with answers
- A case study to show how the material is applied in the real world
- Additional references and information sources for the topics
- Potential approaches for the director of industrial ventilation courses
Handbook of Ventilation for Contaminant Control, 3rd Edition, by Henry J. McDermott, is the premiere ventilation resource written specifically to serve as a companion to Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice. It is an excellent study aid for the CIH and CSP examinations. The book covers pressure and airflow fundamentals, operation of a local exhaust fan to control airborne contaminants, and selection of hoods, air cleaners, and fans. Topics include:
- Testing system performance
- Diagnosing and solving fan and system problems
- Saving money
- Using dilution ventilation effectively
- OSHA ventilation regulations
Following is ordering information for all three publications:
- Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice © 2001, ACGIH®, hardcover, 544 pgs, ISBN#1-882417-42-9, Publication #2093. ACGIH® Price: 1 - 19: $89.95 + S/H, 20 plus: $71.96 + S/H.
- Companion Study Guide to the ACGIH® Industrial Ventilation Manual © 2001, ACGIH®, soft cover, 280 pgs, ISBN#1-8883992-09-5, Publication #99-068. ACGIH® Price: $55.00 + S/H.
- Handbook of Ventilation for Contaminant Control, 3rd Edition© 2001, ACGIH®, hardcover, 221pgs, ISBN#1-882417-38-0, Publication #01-001. ACGIH® Price: 1 - 19: $79.95 + S/H, 20 plus: $63.96 + S/H.
Publications can be ordered online at www.acgih.org/store, or by calling our Customer Service Representatives at 513-742-2020. ACGIH® Members receive a 10% discount on the purchase of all ACGIH® Signature Publications.
ACGIH® Worldwide is a member-based organization that advances worker health and
safety through education and the development and dissemination of scientific and technical
knowledge. ACGIH® is one of the industry's leading publications resources, with over 400 titles
relative to occupational and environmental health and safety, including the renowned
TLV® and BEI® Book. For more information visit the ACGIH® website at
www.acgih.org or call our Member Services Representatives at 513-742-2020.
Amy Bloomhuff, Esq.
Director of Operations
513-742-6163, extension 116 email@example.com