ACGIH® Press Release
Amy Bloomhuff, Esq.
Director of Operations
513-742-6163, extension 116
For Immediate Release
November 27, 2002
ACGIH® OFFERS A SPECIAL PRICE ON THE DOCUMENTATION OF THE TLVs® AND BEIs®, 7th EDITION
PAPER AND CD-ROM COMBO
Cincinnati, Ohio November 27, 2002 ACGIH® is offering the Documentation of the Threshold Limit Values and Biological Exposure Indices, 7th Edition paper copy and the Documentation of the TLVs® and BEIs® with Other Worldwide Occupational Exposure Values CD-ROM - 2002 together at a special discounted price. Now you can purchase both of these industry tools for one low price.
The seventh edition of the Documentation of TLVs® and BEIs®, which provides the basic rationale for the development of chemical substances and physical agents TLVs® and of BEIs® for selected chemicals, includes several new features:
The CD-ROM contains a Microsoft® Access database of worldwide occupational exposure values and PDF versions of the Documentation of the Threshold Limit Values and Biological Exposure Indices, 7th Edition (©2001), plus the 2002 Supplement. The database includes the ACGIH® Chemical Substances TLVs®, plus the occupational exposure values from an additional 23 countries or organizations, and carcinogenicity classifications by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) and the U.S. National Toxicology Program (NTP).
- A "Summary" of each chemical substance TLV® Documentation, similar to the Abstract of scientific papers published in journals.
- Tables of the history of values for each agent (new for the Biological Exposure Indices (BEIs®) and physical agents TLVs®; reformatted for the chemical substance TLVs®).
- More complete and up-to-date Introductions to the chemical substance TLVs®, BEIs®, and physical agents TLVs® sections.
Special features of the database include:
Features of the PDF Documentation include:
- Each entry contains the occupational exposure value(s) and is accompanied by the molecular weight, various notations (e.g., skin carcinogenicity classification, sensitization), and other information pertinent to a listed chemical
- The ability to search by Chemical Name, Chemical Abstract Service Registry Number (CAS), Country or Agency, TWA, STEL, or ceiling values, and customizable user-defined searches
- Hyperlinks from the database TLV® to its TLV® Documentation and, if applicable, the BEI® Documentation
- Search-generated, printable reports
To order your copy of the Documentation of the TLVs® and BEIs®, 7th Edition Paper and CD-ROM Combo, please use the following ordering information:
- All Documentation for the ADOPTED Chemical Substance and Physical Agent TLVs® and BEIs® through the 2002 Supplement
- Full search capability across multiple Adobe Acrobat® PDF files
- Hyperlinks from PDF "Contents" page to individual Documentation
Documentation of the TLVs® and BEIs®, 7th Ed. Paper and CD-ROM Combo (Single User Version) - © 2002, ISBN: 1-882417-44-5, Publication #0101CDCombo. ACGIH® Member Price: $1,255.27 + S/H. Nonmember Price: $1,394.75 + S/H.
Documentation of the TLVs® and BEIs®, 7th Ed. Paper and CD-ROM Combo (Network User Version) - © 2002, ISBN: 1-882417-44-5, Publication #0101CDNCombo. ACGIH® Member Price: $3,509.77 + S/H. Nonmember Price: $3,899.75 + S/H.
The Combo Package can be ordered online at www.acgih.org/store, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling our Customer Service Representatives at 513-742-2020. Quantity discounts are available.
ACGIH® Worldwide is a member-based organization that advances worker health and safety through education and the development and dissemination of scientific and technical knowledge. ACGIH® is one of the industry's leading publications resources, with approximately 400 titles relative to occupational and environmental health and safety, including the renowned TLVs® and BEIs®. For more information, visit the ACGIH® website at www.acgih.org or call our Customer Service Representatives at 513-742-2020.
Last update on 05/01/2006.
Questions or problems? Please contact us.
© 2012 American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists,
1330 Kemper Meadow Drive, Cincinnati, Ohio 45240, 513-742-2020. ACGIH® and related marks are marks of the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Access. ACGIH®