Environmental Policy and NEPA: Past, Present, and Future
Ray Clark and Larry Canter, Eds.
Publication #9823CB $64.00
ISBN: 1-57444-072-1 Copyright © 1997 359 pages
About this product:
This reference brings together 28 contributing authors who combine their expertise to address where we have come from, what we are facing, and where we can go in the future.
This book will be worth reading for the professional, researcher, government policy maker, activist, student, or anyone looking for a complete presentation of the EIA process.
- Studies the effectiveness and efficiency of implementation of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Presents concise historical perspectives on environmental policy, regulations, and decision making
- Evaluates current substantive and conceptual ideas associated with the environmental impact assessment (EIA)
- Highlights court cases related to NEPA that have shaped EIA practice
- Emphasizes the importance of social impact assessment
- Identifies sustainable development opportunities for environmentalists and policymakers