Industrial Hygienist - EX-145 REPOST
Regular Full-Time Professional
West Valley, NY, US
CH2MHILL BWXT West Valley, LLC (CHBWV) is an environmental cleanup contractor under contract to the Department of Energy (DOE) whose mission is to decommission a former nuclear fuel reprocessing facility. CHBWV is located 35 miles south of Buffalo, New York, close to excellent ski resorts, boating, and fishing on Lakes Erie, Ontario and Chautauqua.
Req. #: EX-145
Posting Date: 05/15/2019
Application Deadline: 1st consideration deadline 06/05/2019; 2nd consideration 06/30/2019 or until filled
Industrial Hygienist will assist with the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, prevention and control of those environmental factors or stresses arising in or from the workplace which may cause sickness, impaired health and well-being, or significant discomfort among workers.
BA/BS in Industrial Hygiene, engineering, chemistry, physics or other related science/engineering area required plus a minimum of two (2) years of related professional experience or the recognized equivalent.
Certified Industrial Hygienist may be required.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain a safe and healthful work environment by following established safe work practices and procedures; investigating and reporting identified safety concerns or situations.
- Adhere to standards contained in the Company “Code of Conduct,” Company EEO practices, and DOE directives.
- Identifies potential safety hazards by investigating adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting and other conditions which may affect employee health, comfort of efficiency.
- Eliminates or minimizes hazardous situations by conducting evaluations of exposure to noise, lead, asbestos, and recommending measures to ensure maximum employee protection.
- Promotes a safe work environment by collaborating with CHBWV Safety group, Radiation & Industrial Safety Manager, Site Occupational Medical Director and other Industrial Hygienists to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions and equipment.
- Prepares reports including observations, analysis of contaminants, recommendations for control and correction of hazards.
- Guides and promotes a safe work environment by participating in educational meetings to instruct employees in matters pertaining to occupational health and prevention of accidents.
- Assists in conducting assessments of various areas of the Industrial Health program.
- Assist department manager in identifying and implementing areas of improvement and programmatic corrective actions.
- Under the guidance of the department manager or a senior industrial hygienist; solves industrial hygiene problems and makes accurate informed decisions.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must possess working knowledge and understanding of industrial hygiene theories, principles, techniques, and policies and to apply these theories and techniques to successfully complete a wide variety of moderately complex assignments.
- Must be able to use independent judgment to provide solutions to a wide range of moderately complex problems. Receives assignments from department manager, may establishes own priorities and guidelines and follows broadly defined procedures.
- Must be able to make decisions within established guidelines, exercise initiative in completing recurring assignments independently and determine which methods are applicable in any given situation.
- Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills in order to exchange information, resolve problems, and coordinate tasks.
- Must be able to interface with individuals or groups from inside or outside of the organization, and senior management. May be required to make presentations to employees, managers, senior managers and/or others.
We are an EEO Employer
Drug Free workplace
U.S. Citizenship is required for employment
This Organization Participates in E-Verify