USDA, APHIS, VS, National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility
Contact Email: MRP.Application.Help@aphis.usda.gov
As the Supervisory Industrial Hygiene and Safety Manager, your primary focus will be oversight of all safety, industrial hygiene and occupational health activities and will have lead responsibility for developing and overseeing a comprehensive safety, industrial hygiene and occupational health program within the National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility (NBAF).
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, organizes, and directs the implementation of safety, industrial hygiene and occupational health group
- Policy development, setting goals and objectives, assessing program effectiveness and initiating requirements for the elimination or control of program hazards
- Representative for radiation safety, occupational safety and health issues
- Provides oversight of the NBAF respiratory protection program
- Establishes and maintains continuing liaison and cooperative relationships with government agencies, councils and executive boards
- Plans, develops and implements the NBAF Radiation Safety Program
- Manages the Hazardous Waste Management Program
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.