LEAD INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE SPECIALIST
Note: Salary based on qualifications and experience, maximum $120,000/YR.
Final Filing Date: 09-07-2019
Under the general direction of the Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Manager, coordinates the Respiratory Protection, Carcinogen Safety, EH&S Asbestos and Lead programs and leads the industrial hygiene program. This position supports EH&S goals of fostering communication and coordination within the department by working cooperatively with other EH&S staff to facilitate the delivery of service to the campus community, while supporting the Campus Principles of Community.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Environmental Toxicology, Biological Sciences, Microbiology, Physics, Public Health, or similar discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience in related field with more than 10 years of relevant job experience.
- Skill to use Uniform Plumbing and Building Codes, National Electric Code and California Health and Safety Code.
- Skill and Knowledge to use and interpret CalOSHA regulations.
- Demonstrated advanced skill to recognize, control and evaluate occupational and environmental health hazards including use of appropriate monitoring equipment.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills to develop detailed compliance reports, environmental assessment reports, procedures, interpret results of data and correspondence.
- Skills to conduct and coordinate audits, investigations and evaluations and achieve necessary corrective action in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in fundamental industrial hygiene, safety survey, inspection techniques, environmental monitoring and sampling methods.
- Skill and ability in using computer and software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, e-mail and smart phones.
- Skill to interpret new regulations and determine their applicability to campus operations and devise strategies and procedures for compliance.
- Communication (oral, written, presentation, documentation) and interpersonal skills to interact with customers, convey technical information in lay terms, interpret and advise on regulations and laws, conduct training and educational programs, and develop detailed compliance reports and correspondence.
- Skill to read and interpret drawings, specifications, technical journals and campus standards.
- Experience supervising and leading technical professionals.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred.
- AHERA Asbestos Contractor Supervisor, Building Inspector and Project Designer training certification.
- CDPH Lead Related Construction Supervisor/Project Monitor training certification.
- Demonstrated experience working with Worker's Compensation, Human Resources and Occupational Medicine professionals in the investigation and resolution of occupational exposure claims.
- Knowledge and skill to conduct in-service training and educational programs within area of expertise.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer