Earn 1.5 Contact Hours
Key Issues When Hiring an Industrial Hygiene Consultant
July 15, 2020
2:00–3:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time
The webinar will discuss key issues in selecting and engaging an industrial hygiene consultant. We will discuss what not to expect from an industrial hygiene consultant, what to do after the agreement for services is signed, and how to evaluate possible pitfalls and risk management when contracting an industrial hygiene consultant. Industrial Hygiene consultants are no substitute for effective management and governance and should not be brought on board to deal with matters that are the responsibility of leaders.
After participating in this webinar, attendees will:
- Learn how to define goals for industrial hygiene Consultants.
- Identify how to review credentials, experience, and references.
- Learn how to define the professional support agreement (ie. per-hour billing versus fixed price, consultant’s fee and who will pay expenses, attorney review written agreements, written calendar of goals and deadlines that both parties sign, etc.).
- Discuss and compare report requirements and recommendations.
- Evaluate and select how recommendations ensure all causal factors are discussed (human, organizational, and equipment/materials).
- Analyze and review industrial hygiene consultant pitfalls that may be encountered when engaging a consultant, with proper planning and careful attention to detail.
Who Should Attend this Webinar?
Individuals directly responsible for a company’s environmental, occupational health, and safety process and safety committee representatives
This webinar contains 1.5 contact hours and may be eligible for Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) CM credit. See the ABIH website (abih.org) for CM credit criteria. This webinar may also qualify for CSP recertification points. See the BCSP website (bcsp.org) for details. Participants seeking confirmation of attendance for the webinar from ACGIH® must attend the live webinar or view the archive and submit a final exam and evaluation. Certificates of Completion will be issued in a timely manner after receipt and completion of these items.
What is an ACGIH® Webinar?
ACGIH® is dedicated to providing quality, scientific, educational events. One method of doing this is to offer distance-learning webinars. A webinar, short for Web-based seminar, is a presentation, lecture, or seminar that is transmitted over the Internet. A key feature of a webinar is its interactive elements — the ability to give, receive and discuss information. Webinars are as effective as on-site presentations without the travel expense. This ACGIH® webinar is 1.5 hours in duration and consists of a live presentation given via the Internet with an audio telephone link similar to that of a conference call.