Updates to the 2020 ACGIH® TLVs®
and BEIs® Book
April 22, 2020
3:30–5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
This webinar will focus on updates to the new ACGIH® TLVs® and BEIs® Book for 2020.
The two committees meet regularly to update existing TLVs® and BEIs® and to develop new ones based on a review of the literature and extensive discussion among committee members. There are three types of documents produced. (1) Those substances that have been reviewed and voted on by the respective committees to be adopted, (2) those substances that have been reviewed and voted to be placed on the Notice of Intended Changes (NIC) list for public comment, and (3) those substances where a feasibility study determined that there was insufficient data to develop the respective guidance value. This webinar will focus on those documents developed during the calendar year 2019 and presented to the ACGIH® Board of Directors for adoption at its fall 2019 meeting.
After participating in this webinar, attendees will:
- Gain an additional understanding of the latest TLV® Documentation discussed and adopted by the ACGIH® in 2019.
- Be able to describe the categories and review process for the substances placed on the Notice of Intended Change and the Adoption List.
- Understand the latest BEI® Documentation discussed and adopted by the ACGIH® in 2019.
- Understand the differences and similarities in how the two committees develop ACGIH® TLVs® and BEIs®
- Gain understanding of the tier process and opportunities for public input into the process of developing new or revised TLVs® or BEIs®.
Who Should Attend This Webinar?
Practicing IHs, Occupational Safety and Health Professionals, IH and EHS Supervisors, Occupational Medical Doctors
What is an ACGIH® Webinar?
ACGIH® is dedicated to providing quality, scientific, educational events. One method of doing this is to offer distance-learning webinars. A webinar, short for Web-based seminar, is a presentation, lecture, or seminar that is transmitted over the Internet. A key feature of a webinar is its interactive elements — the ability to give, receive and discuss information. Webinars are as effective as on-site presentations without the travel expense. This ACGIH® webinar is 1.25 hours in duration and consists of a live presentation given via the Internet with an audio telephone link similar to that of a conference call.
This webinar contains 1.5 contact hours and may be eligible for Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) CM credit. See the ABIH website (abih.org) for CM credit criteria. This webinar may also qualify for CSP recertification points. See the BCSP website (bcsp.org) for details.
In order to receive accreditation you must attend this webinar live. Attendance is limited to the first 1000 attendees.