You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Electronic (digital download/no shipping)
Nonmember - $899.00
Purchase this entire series! In response to the current pandemic, ACGIH launched a new webinar series, COVID-19 Aerosol Exposures in the Workplace. The series consisted of eight separate webinars, organized around the principles of “Recognition, Evaluation and Control” and focused on aerosol transmission (SARS-CoV-2 particle inhalation) in workplaces, with particular attention on non-healthcare settings. The goal was to explain the nature of human-generated infectious aerosols, their distribution throughout a workplace, methods for identifying and predicting workplace exposures and risk levels, and approaches for limiting exposure using source, pathway and receptor controls. The entire series is worth 8 credit hours.
By the end of this webinar series attendees should expect to:
- Be able to describe how humans generate infectious aerosols following SARS-CoV-2 infection; the nature, properties and transport of such aerosols in a workplace; and the data supporting aerosol transmission of COVID-19.
- Be able to identify the probability of COVID-19 person-to-person aerosol transmission for jobs and workplaces and select appropriate controls for eliminating or minimizing exposures.
- Utilize one-box and similar models for predicting workplace infectious aerosol exposures and select appropriate control measures of minimizing the probability of infection.
- Describe the differences between face coverings, surgical masks and respirators as source control and personal protective equipment.
- Conduct a workplace hazard assessment that considers on-going hazards in the context of SARS-CoV-2 transmission.
- September 8 – Infectious Aerosols – Speaker: Lisa Brosseau, ScD, CIH, University of Minnesota, CIDRAP
- September 10 – Biological Plausibility of Aerosol Transmission for SARS-CoV-2 – Speaker: Rachael Jones, PhD, CIH, University of Utah
- September 15 – Epidemiology in Workplaces – Speaker: David Kriebel, ScD University of Massachusetts, Lowell
- September 22 – Control Banding for Aerosol Transmission – Speaker: Margaret Sietsema, PhD, CIH, University of Illinois Chicago
- September 24 – Source & Pathway Controls for SARS-CoV-2 – Speaker: George Gruetzmacher PhD, CIH, CSP, PE. Wisconsin State Lab of Hygiene
- September 29 – Personal Protective Equipment – Speaker: Lisa Brosseau, ScD, CIH, University of Minnesota, CIDRAP
- October 1 – Predicting Exposure with Infectious Dose – Speaker: Paul Hewett, PhD, CIH, Exposure Assessment Solutions, Inc.
- October 6 – WEBINAR: COVID-19 Aerosol Exposures in the Workplace Webinar Series: Tying It All Together – Speakers: Panel Discussion with All Speakers, Lisa Brosseau will moderate