You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Electronic (digital download/no shipping)
NonMember - $205.00
The Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS): A Comprehensive Course for Working with Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
Session 3 – SESSION 3 - GHS: Health Hazards (October 16, 2018)
This 2 1/2-hour session will review the health hazard classes covered by the GHS. Acute toxicity, chronic health hazards such as reproductive toxicity and carcinogenicity, and low- and high-level health hazards will be discussed. An overview of the data points required for substance classification and the various mixture rules for all of the GHS health hazards will be presented. This session will also cover the nuances of health hazard classification that will allow participants to better understand the information conveyed on the SDS.
After successful completion of this webinar, attendees will:
- Understand the different health hazards covered by the GHS
- Understand the interaction between data points and classification
- Know what data are required on the SDS to support health hazard classification
- Understand how health hazard classifications are reflected in labeling
- Be able to identify sources of independently available health hazard data