You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Print/Tangible (requires shipping)
NonMember - $149.00
NEW TITLE! This book explains the characteristics of all forms of electromagnetic non-ionizing radiation (NIR) and analyzes the relationship between exposure and its biological effects, as well as the known dose-response relationships associated with each. Taking a uniquely holistic approach to the concept of health that builds upon the WHO definition to include not only absence of disease, but the physical, mental and social well-being of individuals and the population, it reviews established and potential risks and protections, along with regulatory issues associated with each.
- Summarizes scientific findings of the safety of different forms of NIR and the rationale behind current standards
- Describes devices for monitoring along with the established and potential hazards of each form
- Explores proper protections against UV light and lasers, RF radiation, ELF fields and other forms of NIR
- Discusses how to avoid injuries through occupational training or public awareness programs, and how to perform medical assessments in cases of suspected NIR injuries
- Considers how to decide whether to spend money on certain mitigation measures, based on cost-benefit analyses
|Page length:||608 pages|