Print/Tangible (requires shipping)
NonMember - $310.00
This 2-½ hour webinar, presented by Larry Lowry, PhD, John Cocker, PhD, and Heiko Kafferlein, PhD in July 2007, uses solvents like dimethylformamide and glycol ethers to describe health-based limits; and PAHs (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons) for non health-based limits. The examples help to explain how guidance values are developed and their practical applications in the workplace. Approaches to biomonitoring are presented from the United States and European perspectives.
After viewing the webinar, you will be able to understand:
- How U.S. and European organizations develop biological monitoring guidance values
- The criteria used in setting biological monitoring guidance values
- Practical use and application of biological monitoring guidance values
- The strengths and limitations of the guidelines
- The range between reference and benchmark levels
- The difficulties of, and approaches to, setting health-based guidance values for carcinogens and sensitizers.
Windows NT, 2000, or XP
Intel x86 (Pentium 400MHZ +) or compatible processor
128 MB or greater RAM