You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Print/Tangible (requires shipping)
NonMember - $310.00
This 2-½ hour webinar, presented by Doug L. Edwards, PE and Gerhard W. Knutson, PhD, CIH in November 2007, addresses energy savings and cost estimating, two common concerns in ventilation systems. The first half of the webinar focuses on "Ventilation System Cost Estimating," addressing factors affecting the installation and operating costs of industrial ventilation systems (i.e., developing a project budget, determining economic advantages of multiple control options, estimating annual operating and maintenance costs, and reporting of costs to upper management). The second half of the webinar, entitled "An Energy Savings Primer for Industrial Ventilation Systems," provides background information and important knowledge on how to save energy by employing the proper control and application of industrial ventilation systems. Industrial exhaust systems are energy intensive in their operation; therefore, this presentation discusses the energy use of the ventilation system components and provides methods for calculating the actual amount. Focus is placed on approaches to reduce energy use of the exhaust systems and safeguards for systems where air can be re-circulated back into the plant.
After viewing the webinar, you will be able to understand:
- The financial considerations affecting the installation and operation of ventilation systems
- How to evaluate the component and operating costs of a ventilation system
- How to save energy by properly controlling industrial ventilation systems
- How to create an energy management plan
- The energy audit process
- How to evaluate the pros and cons of an energy project
- Windows NT, 2000, or XP
- Intel x86 (Pentium 400MHZ +) or compatible processor
- 128 MB or greater RAM
- Sound Card