You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Print/Tangible (requires shipping)
NonMember - $124.00
NOW AVAILABLE! Occupational noise exposures represent an important but under-recognized cause of disease and disability in the United States. Now titled as Audible Sound, the ACGIH® Threshold Limit Values for Physical Agents (TLV®-PA) Committee has proposed a revision to the TLV® for Noise. This webinar highlights the available information on sources and trends of occupational noise exposures in the U.S., discusses the elements and recommendations in the draft Notice of Intended Change (NIC) TLV® Documentation, including a review of the proposed notes that link occupational noise exposure to increased risk of cardiovascular disease (including hypertension and ischemic heart disease), as well as increased risk of occupational injuries.
After viewing this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the sources and trends in occupational audible sound exposures in the United States
- Be able to describe emerging health effects associated with occupational audible sound exposures, including cardiovascular disease and increased risk of occupational injuries
- Understand the proposed changes described in the NIC Documentation for Audible Sound
- Be able to list ototoxic substances described in the NIC Documentation for Audible Sound
- Be able to describe best practices for prevention of occupational audible sound-induced hearing loss
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
- Pentium II 233-megahertz (MHz) processor, or compatible
- 64 MB or greater RAM
- 16-bit sound card
- Windows Media Player
- Adobe Reader
This webinar is 1.0 hour in length and may be eligible for certification maintenance points.