You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Electronic (digital download/no shipping)
NonMember - $205.00
NOW AVAILABLE! This webinar explores the types and characteristics of different styles of hoods commonly employed in industry. The presentation includes the definitions of terms applied to hoods, the application of different styles of hoods, and the limitations and advantages of their use. Included in the presentation is instruction on how to calculate hood pressure losses, proper selection of hood design parameters (capture velocity, face velocity, volume, placement), and external factors that can potentially affect hood performance. After participating in this webinar, attendees will:
- Understand the design goals of hoods and proper selection
- Understand different types of hoods and proper application of specific types
- Understand limitations of hoods in specific applications
- Understand airflow requirements for different types of hoods
- Understand critical issues for hood design and application
- Understand hood design and determine hood static pressure losses
This webinar is 2.5 hours in length and may be eligible for certification maintenance points.