You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Print/Tangible (requires shipping)
NonMember - $205.00
While the Heat Stress and Strain TLV® is designed for exposure assessment, it exists in the context of an integrated heat stress management program. This webinar outlines the components of a heat stress management program to illustrate how the TLV® can be used for exposure assessment and the development of controls. Special attention is given to the three stages of exposure assessment (screening, WBGT-based TLV® and physiological monitoring) and approaches that can be taken at each stage. Because controls are designed to reduce risk, there is a natural interaction between control approaches and exposure assessment. Models to predict WBGT and other environmental parameters will be presented as alternatives to directly measuring WBGT during routine monitoring.
After participating in this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Articulate the rationale for the ACGIH® Heat Stress and Strain decision process
- Describe the components of a heat stress management program
- Apply the Heat Stress and Strain TLV® exposure limits and control measures
- Discuss interactions of exposure limits and control measures
- List some methods of WBGT estimation
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
- Pentium II 233-megahertz (MHz) processor, or compatible
- 64 MB or greater RAM
- 16-bit sound card
- Windows Media Player
- Adobe Reader
This webinar is 2.5 hours in length and may be eligible for certification maintenance points.