You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Electronic (digital download/no shipping)
NonMember - $205.00
Thomas E. Bernard, PhD, current member and past chair of the ACGIH® Threshold Limit Values for Physical Agents (TLV®-PA) Committee, reflects on the many issues surrounding the management of occupational heat stress. This webinar will outline the rationale for the WBGT-based occupational exposure limits. It will discuss OSHA’s 10 Elements of Heat Stress Management. Special attention will be given to operationalizing acclimatization to occupational exposures and work/recovery cycles. Recognition and management of risk for exertional heat stroke will be discussed, including identification of personal risk factors and emergency response best practices.
After viewing this webinar, you will:
- Articulate the underlying rationale for the WBGT-based occupational exposure limits.
- Review a heat stress management program in the context of OSHA’s 10 Elements.
- Recommend a heat stress acclimatization program appropriate to a site’s OHS program.
- Recommend work and recovery cycles appropriate to a site’s OHS program.
- Prepare a site’s heat stroke mitigation plan.
This webinar is 2.5 hours in length and may be eligible for certification maintenance points.