You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Print/Tangible (requires shipping)
NonMember - $310.00
Industrial hygienists, like all professionals, routinely confront ethical dilemmas. The American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) has introduced an enforceable code of ethics and ACGIH® and AIHA have published member ethical principles. This webinar will provide industrial hygienists with an overview of the code and principles, the rationale for their existence, and the importance of ethical codes to professions. Participants will review basic ethical principles, evaluate the important ethical issues facing our profession, and learn effective strategies for avoiding and resolving ethical conflicts. Several ethical dilemmas will be presented as case studies. Participants will use multiple tools and resources to resolve these scenarios. Industrial hygienists will gain a deeper understanding of ethical behavior and the multiple factors that influence it.
- What are "ethics" and why are they important to a profession?
- Professional ethics codes
- Industrial hygiene associations' member ethical principles
- International Code of Ethics for Occupational Health Professionals
- ABIH enforceable code
- The industrial hygiene profession and ethical issues
- Strategies for avoiding and resolving ethical dilemmas
- Case studies
- Define ethics and ethical behavior
- Describe the importance of ethics to professions
- Summarize the ABIH ethics requirements and describe how this code is different from the key industrial hygiene associations' member ethical principles and the International Code of Ethics for Occupational Health Professionals
- Identify multiple ethical issues faced by industrial hygienists
- Recognize strategies that can be used to avoid ethical dilemmas
- Discuss resolution approaches to ethical dilemmas
- Windows 2000, 2003, XP or Vista
- Intel x86 (Pentium 400MHZ +) or compatible processor
- 128 MB or greater RAM
- Sound Card
This webinar is 2.5 hours in length and may be eligible for certification maintenance points.