You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Electronic (digital download/no shipping)
NonMember - $205.00
This webinar focuses on the Notations recommended by the Threshold Limit Values for Chemical Substances (TLV®-CS) Committee. The purpose of Notations is to highlight toxicity endpoints that set certain chemical substances apart and to alert the practicing industrial hygienist that special considerations need to be given to these materials to ensure adequate protection of workers. The intent of the webinar is to give attendees an improved understanding of Skin, DSEN, RSEN, OTO, and IFV notations and the ACGIH® Carcinogen Classifications and how they can be used to optimize their exposure control programs. The webinar will be comprised of: (1) a brief overview; (2) discussion of the purpose of special notations; (3) description of how each notation was derived, including description of the types of background information, data and specific criteria used; and (4) discussion of how to use notations in the application and interpretation of TLVs®. “Real-world” examples will be used throughout the webinar to illustrate how the various notations are assigned and how these should be interpreted and applied by the practicing industrial hygienist.
After viewing this webinar, you will:
- Understand the basis for Notations in general and each individually
- Learn how notations complement the TLV®-TWAs, TLV®-STELs, and Ceiling values
- Become familiar with the criteria used to assign each notation
- Be able to determine how to interpret and apply each notation in their workplace
- Learn how to incorporate notations within a comprehensive exposure control program
This webinar is 2 hours in length and may be eligible for certification maintenance points.