You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Print/Tangible (requires shipping)
NonMember - $205.00
Pandemic Influenza (H5N1 virus) has been a hot media topic for some time. Popular press attention has focused mainly on the impact the H5N1 virus may have on individuals. However, the risk and economic impact on the business community has the potential to be far more severe. It has been estimated that if the virus becomes transmissible from person-to-person, up to 35% of employees could miss work for being ill and another 15% of employees could miss work to care for a sick family member. This webinar will address the following thought-provoking questions as well as help prepare attendees to articulate to their management a business case for a Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Plan:
- How will your organization handle employees who are out of work due to contracting the flu, caring for sick family members, or even due to fear of exposure?
- How will your organization deal with the possibility of quarantine?
- What if your raw material suppliers are not prepared?
- What if you are unable to meet demand or contract obligations?
- How long can your business survive an economic downturn or reduced production situation?
After viewing this webinar, you will gain an understanding of:
- Why there is concern regarding the H5N1 virus.
- The predicted impact both domestic and abroad of an H5N1 derived flu pandemic.
- How to communicate to your management team why business risks can outweigh societal risks.
- Need to articulate how the influenza pandemic may impact your business and explain the need for a preparedness plan.
- Measures to decrease the risk of acquiring the flu.
- Areas of influenza preparation needed by all businesses.
Windows version only
Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later
This webinar is 2.5 hours in length and may be eligible for certification maintenance points.