You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Electronic (digital download/no shipping)
NonMember - $205.00
With miniaturization and improved quality of physiologic monitoring systems, it is possible to continuously monitor workers to assess health status related to the physical demands of work and environmental conditions. Examples of potential applications are (1) to protect workers from injuries related to heat or cold exposure (stress) and muscle fatigue; (2) to use as an exposure dosimeter to compliment environmental sensors; and (3) to assist with geolocation in an emergency. However, the use of this technology in the workplace raises important concerns with regard to data analysis and interpretation, data ownership, actions taken, discrimination, and security.
This webinar will discuss these issues along with a real application of personal physiologic monitoring designed to prevent heat-related illness in the workplace. In addition, the evaluation of these emerging technologies for usability, accuracy, and reliability will be discussed.
After viewing this webinar, you will:
- Determine when personal physiologic monitoring is needed
- Discuss advantages of real-time and continuous physiologic monitoring
- Select appropriate and practical physiologic monitoring equipment
- Interpret personal physiologic monitoring results
- Review precautions on utilizing and managing data from worker monitoring
This webinar is 2 hours in length and may be eligible for certification maintenance points.