You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Electronic (digital download/no shipping)
NonMember - $205.00
Industrial ventilation is a first line defense against hazards in the workplace. Underperforming systems will reduce that level of protection. Following the installation or modification of an industrial ventilation system (IVS), it is important to determine whether or not the real-world conditions match the theoretical foundation. Proof of performance testing is a way for the plant safety professional to ensure that the installed equipment meets the design intent. This webinar will teach methods for testing IVSs as they pertain to the original design parameters. Topics include: identifying published standards, selecting measuring equipment, identifying test locations, identifying proper techniques for airflow measurement, correcting field measurements for local conditions, interpreting field data compared to design data, and introduction to system balance techniques.
After participating in this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Identify published guidelines and references for testing
- Discuss types of measuring equipment
- Determine proper test locations for duct traverse locations
- Perform a proper duct traverse for determining airflow
- Account for the effects of local conditions (density) on test readings
- Evaluate a fan's performance against its published operating fan curve
- Calculate brake horsepower from field measurements
- Identify system balancing techniques
This webinar is 2.5 hours in length and may be eligible for certification maintenance points.