You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Electronic (digital download/no shipping)
NonMember - $205.00
This is part one, of a two-part webinar series focusing on the TLVs® for Chemical Substances and the proper application of the values during unusual conditions. It discusses adjustments due to workplace conditions and focuses on both ambient workplace conditions and time and work shift adjustments.
The ACGIH® Threshold Limit Values (TLVs®) for Chemical Substances are developed to be used as guidelines in the occupational setting to control health hazards. These TLVs® are intended to be applied at normal temperature and pressure conditions as well as during a typical 8-hour day, 40-hour workweek. In today's dynamic work setting, it is important for occupational health and safety professionals to understand the considerations surrounding the application of the TLVs® during unusual conditions. This webinar focuses on deviations due to the following:
- Ambient Conditions
- Workplace Conditions
- Multiple routes of entry
- Multiple chemical exposures
- Time and Work Shift Adjustments
- Extended work shifts
- Overexposure due to multiple jobs
- Rotating shifts
After participating in this webinar, attendees will be better able to understand:
- The purpose of the TLVs® and the variables that should be considered when modification is needed.
- How deviations in work conditions affect the application of the exposure limit.
- The basic principles of pharmacokinetics in relation to the TLVs®.
- The application of the TLVs® in unusual ambient conditions.
- The options for comparing air-sampling results to the TLV®.
- The different approaches to adjusting exposure limits for non-standard work shifts.
- The risks of overexposure due to unusual workplace conditions.
- Special considerations that should be given when there is exposure to multiple substances (mixtures).
This webinar is 2.5 hours in length and may be eligible for certification maintenance points.