You can only gain access to certain items and special pricing if you have logged in. Login Now.
Electronic (digital download/no shipping)
NonMember - $248.00
NOW AVAILABLE! Physical and injurious consequences have been attributed to occupational exposures to vibration. A set of upper extremity disorders known as HandľArm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) have been reported by workers occupationally exposed to handľarm or hand transmitted vibration when using hand-held vibratory tools. Chronic back pain and back disorders have been reported by workers occupationally exposed to whole-body vibration during the operation of ground, air, and water vehicles. This webinar includes two sessions to specifically address these two types of exposures. Both sessions review the existing standards referenced as the guidelines for the respective TLVs®, and include a discussion of the frequency weightings, their basis, application, and limitations. Emphasis is placed on defining and calculating the various health risk metrics and how to apply these metrics in a meaningful context to workers and their employers. After viewing this webinar, you will:
- Understand and be able to describe general vibration terminology.
- Be able to categorize sources of human body vibration.
- Understand and be able to characterize general vibration measurements.
- Be able to describe health effects associated with occupational exposures to HandľArm and Whole-Body Vibration.
- Understand the assumptions and limitations of the ACGIH® TLVs® on HandľArm and Whole-Body Vibration. Be able to describe best practices for applying the ACGIH® TLVs® on HandľArm and Whole-Body Vibration.