DOCUMENTATION of the THRESHOLD LIMIT VALUES and BIOLOGICAL EXPOSURE INDICES, 7TH EDITION RELEASED BY
ACGIH® SIGNATURE PUBLICATIONS SERIES
Cincinnati, Ohio - September 21, 2001 - ACGIH® Worldwide has published the 7th Edition of the Documentation of the Threshold Limit Values and Biological Exposure Indices, which is one of over 25 titles featured in the ACGIH® Signature Publications Series.
The 7th Edition of the Documentation of the Threshold Limit Values and Biological Exposure Indices, which is published by ACGIH®, provides the basic rationale for the development of the TLVs® for chemical substances and physical agents, and of BEIs® for selected chemicals. Previously published as a three volume set, the Documentation is now available in a more user-friendly five volume format. ACGIH® is also developing a CD-ROM version that promises to be more powerful, and a "must have" for those in the profession. Those interested in the CD-ROM version are encouraged to visit www.acgih.org for updates on its availability.
Specific new features of the Documentation include:
- An up-front Summary of each chemical substance TLV® Documentation, similar to the Abstract of scientific papers published in journals. This Summary brings together the principal points upon which the TLV® is based, and cites the potential health risks that the TLV® is designed to minimize.
- History Tables showing the history of values for each agent (new for the BEIs® and physical agent TLVs®, and reformatted for the chemical substance TLVs®).
- More complete and up-to-date Introductions to the chemical substance TLVs®, BEIs®, and physical agent TLVs®.
- Five Volumes available as a set or individually (chemical substance TLVs® (3 volumes); physical agent TLVs®; and BEIs®).
To order the Documentation
, please use the following information:
- Documentation of the Threshold Limit Values and Biological Exposure Indices, 7th Edition - © 2001, ACGIH®, Five Volume Set, 3,022 pages, ISBN: 1-882417-43-7, Publication #0100Doc. ACGIH® Member Price: $674.55 + S/H. Nonmember Price: $749.50 + S/H. Quantity discounts are available.
- Documentation of the Threshold Limit Values for Chemical Substances - ©2001, ACGIH®, Three Volume Set, 2,760 pages, ISBN: 1-882417-43-7, Publication #0100DocCS. ACGIH® Member Price: $589.50 + S/H. Nonmember Price: $655.00 + S/H.
- Documentation of the Biological Exposure Indices - © 2001, ACGIH®, Single Binder, 368 pages, ISBN: 1-882417-43-7, Publication #0100DocBEI. ACGIH® Member Price: $67.46 + S/H. Nonmember Price: $74.95 + S/H.
Documentation of the Threshold Limit Values for Physical Agents - © 2001, ACGIH®, Single Binder, 184 pages, ISBN: 1-882417-43-7, Publication #0100DocP/A. ACGIH® Member Price: $67.46 + S/H. Nonmember Price: $74.95 + S/H.
can be ordered online at www.acgih.org/store
, or by calling our Customer Service Representatives at 513-742-2020. Members and customers are urged to order soon, as prices will increase January 1, 2002.
ACGIH® Worldwide is a member-based organization that advances worker health and safety through education and the development and dissemination of scientific and technical knowledge. ACGIH® is one of the industry's leading publications resources, with over 400 titles relative to occupational and environmental health and safety, including the renowned TLVs® and BEIs®. For more information, visit the ACGIH® website at www.acgih.org or call our Customer Service Representatives at 513-742-2020.
Amy Bloomhuff, Esq.
Director of Operations
513-742-6163, extension 116