Cincinnati, Ohio – March 3, 2020 – The American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH®) offers the most comprehensive collection of sources for recognition, assessment and control of diseases, appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and addressing health effects resulting from poor air quality – all concerns of the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19). Below is a listing of just a few of the resources available:
- Bioaerosols: Assessment and Control © 1999 (https://www.acgih.org/forms/store/ProductFormPublic/bioaerosols-assessment-and-control)
- This text, a gold standard in the field of bioaerosols, offers a comprehensive guide to the assessment and control of bioaerosols in the full range of contemporary workplaces.
- AST monograph titled “Sampling for Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive Agents during Emergency Response to Mass Destructive Attacks, Terrorism, and Chemical Disasters” © 2008 (https://www.acgih.org/forms/store/ProductFormPublic/sampling-for-chemical-biological-radiological-nuclear-and-explosive-agents-during-emergency-response-to-mass-destructive-attacks-terrorism-and-chemical-disasters)
- Presents basic information to help those interested in first response begin the searching and evaluating process to obtain air sampling equipment that will suit their specific needs for emergency response to the potential use of “weapons of mass destruction" (WMD).
- Infectious Disease Handbook © 2001 (https://www.acgih.org/forms/store/ProductFormPublic/infectious-disease-handbook-for-emergency-care-personnel-3rd-edition)
- As a result of the September 11th terrorist attacks on America, attention is now focused on the real threat of bioterrorist warfare. The now infamous anthrax disease, smallpox organism, and West Nile Virus disease are discussed in this edition. Recognition of these and other diseases, modes of transmission, symptoms, protective/preventative measures, post-exposure follow-up, and engineering controls are discussed. Information is presented in an outline format for easy use.
- Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice for Design, 30th Edition © 2019 (https://www.acgih.org/forms/store/ProductFormPublic/industrial-ventilation-a-manual-of-recommended-practice-for-design-30th-edition)
- The Manual has been used by engineers, regulators and industrial hygienists to design and evaluate industrial ventilation systems.
- Handbook of Ventilation for Contaminant Control © 2001 (https://www.acgih.org/forms/store/ProductFormPublic/handbook-of-ventilation-for-contaminant-control-3rd-edition)
- The 3rd Edition of this popular ventilation resource was written specifically to serve as a companion to Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice for Design. It is also an excellent study aid for the CIH and CSP examinations.
- AST monograph titled “Indoor Air Quality” © 2008 (https://www.acgih.org/forms/store/ProductFormPublic/indoor-air-quality)
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) generally refers to poor or undesirable air quality in the indoor environment but may also include ill health effects attributed to other factors such as lighting, noise, electromagnetic fields, psychological factors and individual characteristics, management and organizational factors. Since this monograph deals with measuring and correcting environmental factors associated with IAQ problems, we will concentrate on those, as well as issues of contamination, design, and performance of the mechanical ventilation systems in buildings.
ACGIH® is a 501(c)(3) charitable scientific organization that advances occupational and environmental health. ACGIH® is one of the industry’s leading publications resources, with approximately 400 titles relative to occupational and environmental health and safety, including the renowned TLVs® and BEIs®. For more information, visit the ACGIH® website at acgih.org or call our Customer Service Representatives at 513-742-2020.
# # #
Frank Mortl III, CAE
ACGIH® Executive Director