Cincinnati, Ohio — January 13, 2015 — ACGIH® and its renowned Industrial Ventilation Committee present a popular continuing education course in April.
Fundamentals in Industrial Ventilation & Practical Applications
of Useful Equations will be held April 20–24, 2015 at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Cincinnati-Blue Ash in Cincinnati, Ohio. Earlybirds who register for the course on or before March 23, 2015 will save $100.00.
Fundamentals in Industrial Ventilation is a course that covers both basic and advanced topics related to industrial ventilation including:
- The behavior of air and chemical contaminants in the air
- Industrial process exhaust system design (including ACGIH® calculation methods)
- Make-up and supply air ventilation systems
- Dilution ventilation systems
- Selection and design of exhaust hoods, ducts, and fittings
- Fans and air cleaners (including Fan Laws)
- Troubleshooting and testing of existing systems
- Hands-on testing and measurements
Practical Applications of Useful Equations serves as the perfect complement to Fundamentals in Industrial Ventilation. Practical Applications of Useful Equations closely follows Quantitative Industrial Hygiene: A Formula Workbook supplied to participants and includes:
- Calculation and estimation approaches related to airborne contaminants
- TLV® and TWA
- OA for dilution, fans, system testing, sound and noise, heat stress, radiation, ventilation, statistics, chemistry, etc.
- A calculations lab in which participants work in a team environment
Course participants will receive ACGIH®'s Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice for Design, 28th
Edition, Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice for Operation and
Maintenance and Quantitative Industrial Hygiene: A Formula Workbook, ACGIH® Velocity Pressure Method Calculation Spreadsheet for performing calculations and equations covered in the primary workbooks provided with the course, including ventilation system design, a CD-ROM with copies of classroom PowerPoint presentations, copies of labs and exercises along with supplementary course materials, and course handouts.
This course contains 32 hours of instruction and may be eligible for ABIH CM credit. See the ABIH website (www.abih.org) for CM credit criteria. The course may also qualify for 3.2 BCSP Continuance of Certification (COC) Points for Certified Safety Professionals. Certificates of Completion will be presented at the conclusion of the course.
Those interested in attending this continuing education course can register online at http://www.acgih.org/events/course/FundPrac_Apr15.htm. Can't make the April dates? Join us September 14–18, 2015 or November 2–6, 2015.
ACGIH® is a member-based organization that advances occupational and environmental health. ACGIH® is one of the industry's leading publications resources, with approximately 400 titles relative to occupational and environmental health and safety, including the renowned TLVs® and BEIs®. For more information, visit the ACGIH® website at www.acgih.org or call our Customer Service Representatives at 513-742-2020.
Amy Bloomhuff, Esq., CAE
Associate Executive Director