ACGIH® AND AIHA WORK TOGETHER TO REACH OEHS GOALS
Collaborative cooperation is being sought to serve the profession
in a more complimentary fashion
Cincinnati, Ohio March 2, 2005 The American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH®) and the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to jointly pursue initiatives that are dedicated to protecting workers and improving occupational and environmental health and safety (OEHS).
"AIHA and ACGIH® realize that a partnership such as this will strengthen the OEHS profession by utilizing resources from each organization and providing collaborated projects that will compliment both organizations and the profession," said Donna Doganiero, AIHA President. "This MOU will strengthen the organizations' working relationship and allow each to serve the profession while maintaining separate identities."
"Collaboration between our organizations is not a new concept since our organizations have a mission in common to make workplaces safer for employees worldwide. The MOU puts a mechanism in place that allows us to continue to seek means to collaborate to that end," said ACGIH® Board Chair, Cindy Coe Laseter.
ACGIH® and AIHA have decided to:
- Form an Interaction Committee to accomplish mutually agreed upon goals.
- Develop guidelines that will steer the direction and intent of future collaborations.
- Do their utmost to fairly represent the interests of their respective organizations and the profession.
- Work together to develop common products, education programs, and other services for the benefit of both organizations' membership and the profession at-large.
- Be responsible for clearly defining and documenting the known or reasonably anticipated costs and professional impacts for any action considered.
- Document any recommendations for the respective Boards of Directors to consider.
and AIHA will continue to explore new approaches and tasks to further enhance the success of the partnership.
For further information regarding the ACGIH®/AIHA partnership or a copy of the memorandum of understanding, please contact Amy Bloomhuff at (513) 742-6163 or email@example.com.
ACGIH® Worldwide is a member-based organization that advances worker health and safety through education and the development and dissemination of scientific and technical knowledge. ACGIH® is one of the industry's leading publications resources, with approximately 400 titles relative to occupational and environmental health and safety, including the renowned TLVs® and BEIs®. For more information, visit the ACGIH® website at www.acgih.org or call our Customer Service Representatives at 513-742-2020.
Amy Bloomhuff, Esq.
Director of Operations
513-742-6163, extension 116