ACGIH® PRESENTS HEALTH EFFECTS OF MINERAL OIL MIST AND METALWORKING FLUIDS SYMPOSIUM
Cincinnati, Ohio July 18, 2002 ACGIH® is pleased to present its Health Effects of Mineral Oil Mist and Metalworking Fluids Symposium.
The Health Effects of Mineral Oil Mist and Metalworking Fluids Symposium will be held October 2-4 at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza Hotel located in the center of downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. Earlybirds who register on or before September 1 will save $100.00.
ACGIH® has placed metalworking fluids on the Chemical Substances and Other Issues Under Study list, and has placed mineral oil mist on the Notice of Intended Changes.
This three-day Symposium will consist of morning and afternoon plenary sessions, and will explore vital health effects exposure, and many other issues relating to mineral oil mist and metalworking fluids in the workplace. The Symposium will offer an extensive technical presentation of current scientific data focusing on the numerous and complex issues of the health effects associated with metalworking fluids and mineral oil mist.
Program topics will include:
- Characteristics (particle size, exposure measurements, additives);
- Industrial Processes that Produce Oil Mist (characteristics, control techniques, additives);
- Exposure Assessment and Sampling (exposure assessments of chemical and biological components in synthetic and oil-based metalworking fluids, exposure controls);
- Endotoxins/Microbiology (exposure assessment of biological components);
- Health Effects (toxicology, sensitization, dermal, cancer related to airborne exposure); and
- Human Studies (exposure/response relationships, epidemiology).
The American Board of Industrial Hygiene has approved this course for 3 Certification Maintenance Points.
Those interested in attending this continuing education course can register online and learn more about the symposium at http://www.acgih.org/events/course/MinOilMist.htm, or by email at meetingsacgih.org. To register by telephone, please call 513-742-2020 and ask for Anita Schmid.
ACGIH® Worldwide is a member-based organization that advances worker health and safety through education and the development and dissemination of scientific and technical knowledge. ACGIH® is one of the industry's leading publications resources, with approximately 400 titles relative to occupational and environmental health and safety, including the renowned TLVs® and BEIs®. For more information, visit the ACGIH® website at www.acgih.org or call our Customer Service Representatives at 513-742-2020.
Amy Bloomhuff, Esq.
Director of Operations
513-742-6163, extension 116 email@example.com