ACGIH® PRESENTS NEW CONTINUING EDUCATION WORKSHOP AND SYMPOSIUM
- February 11, 2002 - ACGIH® Worldwide is pleased to offer a new workshop and symposium to its members and others in the occupational health and safety profession.
Health Effects and Worker Exposure to TDI, presented by ACGIH® and the American Chemistry Council Diisocyanates Panel, takes place April 21 - 22, 2002 at the DoubleTree Guest Suites in Cincinnati, Ohio. The 2-day symposium will provide state-of-the-art information on occupational exposures and health effects of TDI for health and safety professionals. Specific presentations will include new and developmental studies concerning TDI, such as:
- Incidence Trends
Selected topics include:
- General Toxicology of TDI
- Diisocyanate-induced Asthma in Ontario - Outcome in a Workers' Compensation Population, and Predictive Factors
- Incidence and Trends of Occupational Asthma Due to TDI
- Occupational Asthma, Lung Function Decrement, and TDI Exposure - A Discussion of Exposure Response Relationships in the Workplace
- A Single Corporation's Recent Experience with Early Detection and Management of Asthma-Like Symptoms in Diisocyanate Workers
- Industrial Hygiene Aspects of the TDI TLV®
- Industrial Hygiene Sampling for TDI in Seven Slabstock Foam Manufacturing Facilities in the United States
- Biomarkers of TDI Exposures
The American Board of Industrial Hygiene has approved the symposium for 2.0 Industrial Hygiene Certification Maintenance Points. Those interested in participating in Health Effects and Worker Exposure to TDI
can register online at https://www.acgih.org/events/course/TDIreg.htm
, or by contacting Anita Schmid at 513-742-2020. Organizations sending 4 or more attendees will save $50.00 on each registration.
Mold, Spores, and Remediation Workshop takes place May 6 - 9, 2002 at the ACGIH® Professional Learning Center in Cincinnati, Ohio. The 4-day workshop will present attendees with practical hands-on information and in-depth experience regarding mold remediation methods and equipment, as well as a clear plan and strategy for sampling that can be implemented in the workplace. Participants will also learn more about strategies and job specifications for mold remediation projects, EPS mold remediation in schools and commercial buildings, and receive Regulatory Compliance Updates from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Other select topics include:
- Health effects
- Bioaerosol sampling
- Analysis techniques
- Microbial remediation
- Moisture in buildings
Each participant will receive ACGIH®'s Bioaerosols: Assessment and Control
, and other workshop handouts.
The American Board of Industrial Hygiene has approved the workshop for 4.0 Industrial Hygiene Certification Maintenance Points. Those interested in participating in the Mold, Spores, and Remediation Workshop can register online at https://www.acgih.org/events/course/MoldWrkshpreg.htm, or by contacting Anita Schmid at 513-742-2020. Organizations sending 4 or more attendees will save $50.00 on each registration.
ACGIH® is a member-based organization that advances worker health and safety through education and the development and dissemination of scientific and technical knowledge. ACGIH® is one of the industry's leading publications resources, with approximately 400 titles relative to occupational and environmental health and safety, including the renowned TLVs® and BEIs®. For more information, visit the ACGIH® website at www.acgih.org or call our Customer Service Representatives at 513-742-2020.
Amy Bloomhuff, Esq.
Director of Operations
513-742-6163, extension 116